Hello Stanislav,

>> I'd rather see <?php= than having this whole "short_open_tag" thing at all.

> Does <?php= work? I though echo shortcut works only with short tags.
> <?php= is not much worse than <?= so it'd be OK with me. Downside would
> be template systems couldn't use it until 5.3 is widely deployed - which
> means no template system can use it as standard for about 2-3 years at
> least. Unless we put <?php= in 5.2, which would make me a happy camper,
> but might be a trouble for others.

The problem with '<?php=' is that it still doesn't work with XML tools.
However the '<?echo' I mentioned would work. We could also go for something
like '<?phpecho'. I for one would really appreciate it. And I would not
mind adding that to 5.2 if that makes you happy. But I care to less for it
to be available tomorrow.

Best regards,
 Marcus