On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can you produce any example of
>  application or other real code that would silently misbehave with short
>  tags on but behave OK with short tags off?

Embedding PHP in a SVG (XML) file to generate a batch of images with
small differences. In my case web buttons with different labels and
icons. This way I have only one SVG file with some PHP code inside (a
few echos) that is included by an external PHP file. The PHP script
loops through an array of strings (labels and absolute path to icons)
and save to the filesystem as many SVGs as necessary. That saves me a
lot of work when I have to create a some more new buttons.

I don't mean short_open_tag should be banned or not, but thats one
possible example for your request.

best regards,
iGor.