Hi!

so if this issue is also in 5.2 .. i feel even less inclined to delay a stable 5.3 release because of this issue. have we made it worse in our attempts to fix it? the fact that this bug isnt fixed yet could mean

No, it was crash before, now it doesn't crash for me but produces 400K of errors. One can argue it's better now, though pretty marginally as in both cases system can not be considered stable. Of course, there's an easy workaround of setting the timezone.

1) the issue affects few users
2) the issue is so complex that we continuously try to fix it and fail

We didn't "continuously" try to fix it - we applied one fix for the crash (which was caused by different reason than the loop), and need another for the loop. As for why people don't complain more - I guess it's because it has obvious workaround and once people don't have it anymore many are too lazy to complain about the problem which now is not their problem :)

both issues do not sound like good reason to delay 5.3 from where i stand.

We don't need to delay it if we decide to commit my (incomplete) fix now. Anyway, it's your decision, one of the three: 1. leave it as is, 2. commit incomplete fix now, 3. wait for complete fix. I agree 3 is the worst, I'd go with 2 but if you decide to go with 1 that's OK.
s...@zend.com   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: s...@zend.com