On 16.06.2009, at 20:53, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:

Hi!

so if this issue is also in 5.2 .. i feel even less inclined to delay a stable 5.3 release because of this issue. have we made it worse in our attempts to fix it? the fact that this bug isnt fixed yet could mean

No, it was crash before, now it doesn't crash for me but produces 400K of errors. One can argue it's better now, though pretty marginally as in both cases system can not be considered stable. Of course, there's an easy workaround of setting the timezone.

It seems only you and Derick have expressed an opinion.
If no one else speaks up I would tend to leave as is and fix it in 5.3.1 (and HEAD asap) and simply make sure that we put it in bold letters in the UPGRADING guide that you really should set the timezone.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org