Am 02.06.2011 11:36, schrieb David Muir:
> That said, I'm not sure if an LTS is a good idea. One of the biggest
> frustrations for me as a developer is hosts taking forever to upgrade to
> newer versions of PHP. Most hosts I've seen are still on 5.2, and some
> don't seem to have plans of upgrading to 5.3 any time soon. To me, an
> LTS release would just make this situation worse, although the upside is
> that at least we'd still be getting security fixes.
>
> If however the LTS release lifetime is similar to the current y release
> (x.y.z) then maybe it won't be so bad as it would grant earlier and
> stable access to new features for those who have control over their php
> installs, while retain a more long term supported release that hosts
> would be happy with

you will always have idiots thinking "old is stable" and it is your
choice to do not support customers with such setups and you
have to define minimum requirements for projects

this has nothing to do with LTS or not LTS

as example: we require php5.3 and if somebody has a unusable hoster
the domain is transferred to our infrastructure and all problems
gone away