2011/6/1 Ilia Alshanetsky <i...@prohost.org>:
> Pierre,
>
> Doing a release could be simplified through automation as you've said.
> However keeping synchronized patches across frequently incompatible
> (non-identical) code bases is much less trivial and requires quite a
> bit of work by anyone making the bug fixes. Having >3 branches for bug
> fixes makes this very non-trivial and time consuming, which is why
> Johannes' proposal is so appealing.

I don't think we will ever have >3 releases for bug fixes but maybe
3-4 max with 2-3 in security modes. In this case it is really easy to
maintain and release.

Random LTS at random point with random life time for releases is not
something I want for PHP. It is basically what we have now and PHP
users are really not happy about that (and many devs).

Cheers,
--
Pierre