On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Sebastian Bergmann <sebast...@php.net> wrote:

>> The current version is aimed to give early access to new features, to
>> avoid cases like traits which take years to come out while a bit more
>> conservative users (and maybe distros) may stay on the LTS.
>
>  Traits is a really good example here, indeed.

Please tell me how it differs to what we propose? aka yearly release
with fixed lifetime for each release? It is exactly about that, do not
have unreasonable delay between a feature readiness and its
availability in a release. While solving the plan-ability to migrate
to a give version, or allow migrations to newer versions without risk.

Cheers,
--
Pierre