Sébatien Durand wrote:
But I was not completely aware of the level of change/break my suggestion
will cause.

I'm grateful the work you do. It was just a usability/cosmetic remark of a
daily PHP user. I can live with it.

You have to bear in mind that many of us have many years of code base invested in PHP and even the 'improvements' that do get through are just major drains on a rare resource - time! There IS nothing wrong with PHP that was written 10 years ago and many sites just never get updated. Heck PHP4 IS still running in the field. My own view is that many of the current 'developments' are more to make the language 'compiler friendly' and don't have a place when running the code live. Fixing the support would eliminate many of the 'complaints' rather than loading PHP up with checks that don't add anything to generating a html page ... which is the only place PHP should be targeting ... from my point of view. Anything else ... use a more suitable language in the first place?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL