On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Ferenc Kovacs <tyr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > are you favored?
>> > I was just pointing out a factual error about a claim in an earlier
>> message and how other factors can influence the number of
>> > commits counted attributed to a person.
>> >

>> Sorry, you obviously interpreted my message in a way I did not intend to
>> bring it over. I did not intend to attack you or something. I merely wanted
>> to point out that there are additional aspects which makes number of
>> commits a rather fuzzy metric.
>> If this metric were be used then people which commit more regularly would
>> be favoured and with committing regularly I do not mean implement many
>> features, fixing bugs etc. but just that they use the git command "commit"
>> more often than others.
>>

> and I completely agree with that.
> replying to my email (which only corrected some numbers) seemed like you
> are assuming/projecting that it was my idea to bring those numbers to the
> discussion.
>
> --
> Ferenc Kovács
> @Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu

for the record:
I've just approved two outstanding account requests from people who already
contributed sufficient amount of patches through PRs and explicitly stated
that they don't want php-src karma for now, but they want to be able to
assign bugs to themselves and one of them also mentioned that he wants to
be able to vote on RFCs.
I think that it was ok to approve their accounts (otherwise I wouldn't done
it), but this means two more accounts without karma (albeit probably that
will change as they get more confident and realize that it doesn't really
matter who merges the PR as long as it is properly discussed and reviewed).

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu