From: Andrey Andreev <n...@devilix.net>
Sent: Sep 29, 2014 3:01 PM
To: Sharon Levy <sle...@pipeline.com>
Cc: Zeev Suraski <z...@zend.com>, Derick Rethans <der...@php.net>, Andrea
Faulds <a...@ajf.me>, PHP internals <internals@lists.php.net>
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] Is it fair that people with no karma can vote on RFCs?

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 12:28 AM, Sharon Levy <sle...@pipeline.com> wrote:

> >> I think in all fairness, users should be required to learn C and pass a
> >> test
> >> demonstrating basic knowledge of PHP's internals in order to acquire voting
> >> privileges.
> >
> >So, in order to vote, users should become (capable of being) core
> >contributors? :)
> >How does that change anything?
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Andrey.
"... the important truths, that knolege is power, that knolege is safety, and
that knolege is happiness."  -- Thomas Jefferson
If more users were educated about PHP's internals, then there could be more
substantive discussions between Userland and core contributors, including
better ideas originating from Userland. More users might even consider becoming
core contributors.  It would change the status quo.