On 1/12/16 5:16 AM, Dennis Birkholz wrote:
> I don't think voting on an RFC is like electing your government. I
> would compare it to how a House of Representatives works. And at least
> here in Germany, they vote publicly except when electing people (e.g.
> the Chancellor).

That's a fine comparison.  But there is a big difference in how a House
vote is run, and a PHP RFC vote.  And that's one of time.

A vote in the House (at least in the US, and I assume it's similar in
Germany).  Happens at a moment.

Discussions happen.   Then a vote is called, everyone votes instantly.
Yes, the votes do become public afterwards.  However there is not the
'2-3 week period' of voting that happens on a PHP RFC, wherein you vote,
and then while the vote is still up, and while you are allowed to change
your vote, everyone knows how you voted.

Which then leads into the flurry of badgering for people to change their
votes, beleaguering comments designed to help people change their vote,
and so on.

Moving to at the very least a 'anonymous votes, and anonymous results,
until after the vote is finished'.  Would make it much more like a
'House' vote.

#2cents
Eli

--