Am 12.01.16 um 15:53 schrieb Zeev Suraski:

> [...]

Personally I see it like that as well. But *if* we allow some kind of
otherwise voting, *which kind* of otherwise voting will we be using? And
under what circumstances will we be using this otherwise voting? what
are those "extreme circumstances"? Who defines them? Will they be on
CoC-Topics only? Or might they become available on language-topics as well?

I know those are provocative questions, but I think we have to answer
them for ourselfes before we should go on.

Those are not about already happened strong disagreements or threats and
it's not about trying to make past happenings harmless!

> We need to separate between healthy, respectful discussion - even when there
> are strong disagreements - and arm twisting or harassment.

And that's where this connection again connects to the CoC-Discussion.
Where does one end and the other start. It's a very personal point and
as soon as someone feels arm twisted or harassed we've all lost.
Therefore I think we should have a process that allows us to have votes
as safe as possible but as documented as necessary.

And the way to getting there needs to be as well documented as possible
as well to not get into any trouble in the end.

My 0.02€

Cheers

Andreas

--