Am 12.01.16 um 15:56 schrieb Peter Petermann:

>> Discussions happen.   Then a vote is called, everyone votes instantly.
>> Yes, the votes do become public afterwards.  However there is not the
>> '2-3 week period' of voting that happens on a PHP RFC, wherein you vote,
>> and then while the vote is still up, and while you are allowed to change
>> your vote, everyone knows how you voted.
>>
>> Which then leads into the flurry of badgering for people to change their
>> votes, beleaguering comments designed to help people change their vote,
>> and so on.
>>
>> it leads into people participating, and actively engaging in discussion
> making concious decisions, rather than blindly giving a vote and ignoring
> the rest of the world.
>
> Its a positive thing if people discuss (and are able to change) during the
> voting period, I don't see why we would want to get rid of this.

I (and many others as far as I know) don't think we should get rid of
that possibility. But as far as I understood it it's all about *being
able to hide votes*, not defaulting to anonymising votes.

During the CoC-Discussion the idea came up to vote certain CoC-issues
(call them whatever you like) in a more secure way so that no one sould
be able to bully someone into an - for him or her - inappropriate
decission. One way to do so could be a somehow anonymised vote.

So I think we have to distinguish between technical votes on what way
the language itself develops (which should always be open and as
transparent as possible) and non-technical votes (which can be very
personal and should therefore respect the privacy of the voter).

Cheers

Andreas
--
                                                              ,,,