On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 at 13:29, Zeev Suraski <z...@php.net> wrote:

> If we go in this direction, though, then unless George agrees to withdraw
>this RFC

Zeev,

I do not think you behaviour is appropriate.

It's not appropriate to put pressure on an RFC author to withdraw an
RFC after it has been voted on.

It's not appropriate to try to change the rules on voting after a vote
has occurred.

Please stop doing this.

> We're in unchartered territory not from a process perspective, but in terms
> of the number of core devs

I don't believe that is true* (there appear to be core devs on both
sides of the vote) but even if it was, this is not an internal engine
matter, where the decision is going to cause a significant amount of
work for people who work on PHP core. I strongly doubt this type of
RFC is ever going to be reserved for core developers choice only.

For the record I think the result of the vote is dumb, and I hope that
the situation will be resolved before the 7.4 release. And I also
agree that we should have clearer rules about who qualifies for a
vote.

But trying to subvert a vote after it has happened is not appropriate imo.

Nikita Popov has already started a new thread in an attempt to make
the situation be more acceptable. That is the correct way of resolving
problems like this.

Putting pressure on people to bend the rules is not.

cheers
Dan
Ack

* If you'd described it as release managers were all voting on one
side, then it would be true.