i believe we have some clues on application consideration to scoped
        addresses.

I don't get the sense that we have consensus on this, because some
people seem to think that scoped addresses are appropriate for use by
general-purpose apps.

for instance, there's really no way that an application can effectively use
a scoped address in a referral to another host, since the app has no idea
whether the host that uses the referral has access to the same scope as
the party providing the referral.  name-to-address mapping is only one
instance of this problem.

Keith