Tim:

Please don't misunderstand my intent here:  I don't have a problem with
the NREN networks, or with the top-quality treatment afforded them in the
matter of address allocations.  These networks clearly deserve, and should
have, the best available quality of service in matters related to address
allocations.

Additionally, the views expressed in my note don't originate with me;
rather, my note contained a precis of the views expressed to me (sometimes
in language of markedly purple and blue character) by some of my clients.
The objections cited are not to the treatment afforded to the NREN
networks, but to the decidedly discriminatory treatment afforded to
end-user commercial (as distinguished from service-provider) networks.

I offer my profound and abject apologies to the NREN networks; I deeply
regret any imputation of dog-in-the-manger attitude which might have
arisen from any reading of my statement; such was certainly not my intent.

Thank you for raising this matter, and for offering an opportunity to
correct any mistaken impression which might have arisen from my note.

Regards,

AEB

--
Alan E. Beard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
AEBeard Consulting; 4109 Chelsa Ln; Lakeland FL 33809