I disagree. If our goal (as it should be) is a 10 billion node
network (at least) then the risks in allowing even the beginning
of a swamp are too great.
I don't mind us looking at a 10 billion node solution. But I am fairly skeptical that any of the proposals we have today will scale to that though. so starting out with anything should be a good idea.. Otherwise noone will start to use IPv6 and we can discuss theory for ages.

- kurtis -