Hi,

at the end of my talk during the RIPE86 IPv6 working group I promised to start work on a paper with clear guidance for enterprises to migrate their networks to IPv6.

We have often wondere why enterprises do not migrate to IPv6. One possible answer is: They have no time and they lack knowledge. Many IT departments don't have any spare time for reading RFCs.

From my understanding these IT departments don't need papers explaining the many possibilites to choose from. They need very clear guidance and examples.

I am looking for 3 to 4 people who would like to start working on this with me.

Peter Hessler contacted me during the meeting and he offered his help, time and expertise for this project. Thank you, Peter.

Best,

Wilhelm

  • [ipv6-wg] Cle... Wilhelm Boeddinghaus
    • Re: [ipv... Michael Richardson
      • Re: ... Torbjörn Eklöv via ipv6-wg
    • Re: [ipv... Alexander Koeppe via ipv6-wg
    • Re: [ipv... Paolo Volpato via ipv6-wg
      • Re: ... Springob, Andreas (IIT-CSS/Network & Identity Solutions)
        • ... Leo Vegoda
          • ... Alexander Koeppe via ipv6-wg
        • ... Wilhelm Boeddinghaus
          • ... Benedikt Merkl via ipv6-wg