Wilhelm Boeddinghaus <wilh...@boeddinghaus.de> wrote:
    > We have often wondere why enterprises do not migrate to IPv6. One
    > possible answer is: They have no time and they lack knowledge. Many IT
    > departments don't have any spare time for reading RFCs.

They have no management mandate on spending their time on it.

    > From my understanding these IT departments don't need papers explaining
    > the many possibilites to choose from. They need very clear guidance and
    > examples.

It's true that they need clear guidance, but since one size does not fit all,
that doesn't help much.

    > I am looking for 3 to 4 people who would like to start working on this
    > with me.

I suggest in order to be successful, one really needs an iterative approach.
One needs to include actual IT departments, take their feedback, and iterate.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-                      *I*LIKE*TRAINS*

  • [ipv6-wg] Cle... Wilhelm Boeddinghaus
    • Re: [ipv... Michael Richardson
      • Re: ... Torbjörn Eklöv via ipv6-wg
    • Re: [ipv... Alexander Koeppe via ipv6-wg
    • Re: [ipv... Paolo Volpato via ipv6-wg
      • Re: ... Springob, Andreas (IIT-CSS/Network & Identity Solutions)
        • ... Leo Vegoda
          • ... Alexander Koeppe via ipv6-wg
        • ... Wilhelm Boeddinghaus
          • ... Benedikt Merkl via ipv6-wg