On 30 May 2023, at 18:50, Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca> wrote:

Wilhelm Boeddinghaus <wilh...@boeddinghaus.de> wrote:
We have often wondere why enterprises do not migrate to IPv6. One
possible answer is: They have no time and they lack knowledge. Many IT
departments don't have any spare time for reading RFCs.

They have no management mandate on spending their time on it.

From my understanding these IT departments don't need papers explaining
the many possibilites to choose from. They need very clear guidance and
examples.

It's true that they need clear guidance, but since one size does not fit all,
that doesn't help much.

I am looking for 3 to 4 people who would like to start working on this
with me.

I suggest in order to be successful, one really needs an iterative approach.
One needs to include actual IT departments, take their feedback, and iterate.

Hello, here is some work the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority have done. In
Swedish but by Google Translate here.

<https://pts-se.translate.goog/sv/bransch/internet/ipv6/dags-att-infora-ipv6/ipv6---it-tekniker/?_x_tr_sl=sv&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=wapp>
[pts_flagga_568x275_363x176.jpg]
Till dig som IT-tekniker |
PTS<https://pts-se.translate.goog/sv/bransch/internet/ipv6/dags-att-infora-ipv6/ipv6---it-tekniker/?_x_tr_sl=sv&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=wapp>
pts-se.translate.goog<https://pts-se.translate.goog/sv/bransch/internet/ipv6/dags-att-infora-ipv6/ipv6---it-tekniker/?_x_tr_sl=sv&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=wapp>

I have deployed IPv6 or been involved in many municpalities and enterprise
since many years and I may help you with a short guide.
My own reflections over the years is
- keep it simple
- Don’t build the most advanced, complex and handsome address plan
- It isn’t a long project, often it’s about a few days to be done
- Always dual stack so the staff have some thing to refer or fall back to
- Main problem isn’t the internal network, it’s broken IPv6 services outside
where Happy Eyeball don’t help you

In some cases I have had training for the staff when we activate IPv6 in some
segments.

/Tobbe

-= IPv6 IoT consulting =-                      *I*LIKE*TRAINS*

  • [ipv6-wg] Cle... Wilhelm Boeddinghaus
    • Re: [ipv... Michael Richardson
      • Re: ... Torbjörn Eklöv via ipv6-wg
    • Re: [ipv... Alexander Koeppe via ipv6-wg
    • Re: [ipv... Paolo Volpato via ipv6-wg
      • Re: ... Springob, Andreas (IIT-CSS/Network & Identity Solutions)
        • ... Leo Vegoda
          • ... Alexander Koeppe via ipv6-wg
        • ... Wilhelm Boeddinghaus
          • ... Benedikt Merkl via ipv6-wg