On 15 Oct, Jeroen Massar wrote:

| [aggregated mail :)]
|
| Mohsen Souissi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
|
| > On 15 Oct, Jeroen Massar wrote:
| <SNIP>
|
| > | Apparently there is work being done on this, but it is not very public.
| >
| > ==> AFNIC (French Registry) has been running an official IPv6-capable
| > name server (ns3.nic.fr)
|
| Yup, indeed, sorry I forgot, you have been running it and shouting
| about for some time already :)

==> I'm glad you heard that... ;-)

| But did they put your AAAA as glue in the root already?

==> Unfortunately not yet :-(

| $ dig @e.root-servers.net ns3.nic.fr any
| ;; ANSWER SECTION:
| ns3.nic.fr.             172800  IN      A       192.134.0.49
|
| There are quite a lot of deployments who run IPv6 transport
| capable dns servers, but as long as they are not bound into
| the root it has little to no sense.

==> I unfortunately agree with you :-(

The fact that no TLD's IPv6 glue is registered in the root zone is
rather a layer-9 issue that a layer-7 one.  As far as FR zone is
concerned, we have officially applied for AAAA glue registration that
in Feb 2003. Technical proofs was then given to IANA that there were
no risk in adding AAAA glue in the root zone for FR zone (based on
Draft Vixie & Kato
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-respsize-00.txt)
Although that fact has been acknowledged by IANA and DNS experts, we
are still waiting...  We hope this issue will be solved very soon and
I believe that IPv6 networking will be then much more credible (we
will see real amounts of IPv6 traffic)...

Cheers,

Mohsen.