> I strongly suggest the use of "Nodes" (unqualified) in the text
 > about the 'O' bit:

=> To be clear, I was suggesting substitusting "Nodes (acting as hosts)".
I'm not sure if you're replying to my comment or in general.

 > However, there is some question about any discussion of "nodes" and
 > RAs, as there may be text in RFC 2461 (I'm working from
 > memory, here, which
 > in my case is a remarkably unreliable service; I hope
 > someone more familiar
 > with RFC 2461 can confirm or deny) that allows or requires
 > routers to ignore RAs.

=> In 6.2.7 :

   Routers SHOULD inspect valid Router Advertisements sent by other
   routers and verify that the routers are advertising consistent
   information on a link.  Detected inconsistencies indicate that one or
   more routers might be misconfigured and SHOULD be logged to system or
   network management.  The minimum set of information to check
   includes:

    - Cur Hop Limit values (except for the unspecified value of zero).

    - Values of the M or O flags.

    - Reachable Time values (except for the unspecified value of zero).

Whether that means routers can also act upon the information
they receive is of course a separate issue. But at least
it is clear that routers are not required to automatically drop RAs.

Hesham