> to:
>
>    Nodes that implement DHCP MUST use DHCP upon the receipt of a
>    Router Advertisement with the 'M' flag set (see section 5.5.3 of
>    RFC2462).  In addition, in the absence of a router,
>    IPv6 Nodes that implement DHCP MUST attempt to use DHCP.  In this
>    context, 'use DHCP' means trying to obtain both address(es) and
>    other configuration information through DHCP.

This wording seems clumsy to me.  How about:

If no Router Advertisements are recieved within (NN seconds?) of
joining a link and sending a Router Solicitation, IPv6 hosts that
implement DHCPv6 should attempt to use DHCPv6 to obtain both
IPv6 address(es) and other configuration information.  [Do we
need to say what happens if a router advertisement is received
later?]

Upon receipt of a router advertisement with the 'M' flag set (see
section 5.5.3 of RFC 2462), IPv6 hosts that implement DHCPv6 MUST attempt
to use DHCPv6 to obtain both IPv6 addess(es) and other configuration
information.

> to:
>
>    IPv6 Nodes (acting as hosts) that implement DHCP, MUST use
> DHCP upon
>    the receipt of a Router Advertisement with the 'O' flag set (see
>    section 5.5.3 of RFC2462).  In addition, in the
>    absence of a router, hosts that implement DHCP MUST attempt to use
>    DHCP. In this context, 'use DHCP' means trying to obtain
> only other
>    configuration information through DHCP, not address(es).
>
>    IPv6 Nodes that do not implement DHCP can ignore the 'O' flag
>    of a Router Advertisement.  Furthermore, in the absence of
>    a router, these types of node are not required to initiate DHCP.

Similarly, how about:

"Upon reciept of a Router Advertisement with the 'O' flag set (see
section 5.5.3 of RFC 2462), IPv6 hosts that implement DHCPv6 MUST
attempt to use DHCPv6 to obtain non-address configuration information,
but not IPv6 address(es).

IPv6 nodes that do not implement DHCPv6 client functionality should
ignore the 'M' and 'O' bits of the router advertisement."

The no router case shouldn't be repeated here, as it is covered
above.  And, yes, I do think that hosts should attempt to use
DHCPv6 to get IPv6 addresses in the absence of a router.  Also, I
think it is silly to say that hosts that don't implement DHCPv6
don't need to use it...