All,
     As promised during the IPv6 WG session in Vancouver, this is
my attempt to resolve the open issues with the ICMP Name Lookup
draft.  From my review of my e-mail and the mailing list archive, there
are three open issues on the table.  I will list each and propose a
resolution to each.

     I will accept comments on these changes until 5:00pm on 12/2/05.
After that, I will incorporate the changes and submit the draft.

Issue 1: Restrict operation of the protocol to link-local use.

Resolution:
     The consensus is to retain the more flexible multi-hop capability.
     An additional sentence or two will be added to the Security
     Considerations section recommending the filtering of these
      messages at administrative boundaries.

Issue 2: Change multicast range used for Queries.

Resolution:
     This change will be made.  There will not be a "compatibility"
     knob for operation with older implementations.  The addition
     of such a knob will make operational use too complex.  This
     should simplify the use, but will require a code change.

Issue 3: Discovery of tunnel endpoints.

Resolution:
     This change will be made and will be based on the text proposed
     http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg05674.html

Regards,
Brian