Brian Haberman wrote:

> Issue 3: Discovery of tunnel endpoints.
>
> Resolution:
>      This change will be made and will be based on the text proposed
>      http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg05674.html

I missed out on the discussion of the above, but I do hope that there is
 going to be a huge warning that this reveals the endpoints of the
tunnel, which then can usually be abused for injecting fake tunneled
data into tunneling protocols that don't have any authentication (read:
proto-41)

Example (ab)usage:
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-47/presentations/ripe47-ipv6-tunnel-disco.pdf

Though in this case it is 'sort of good', I can think of many cases
where one doesn't want to see the above happening. Filtering is always
essential of course.

Greets,
 Jeroen