On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 07:27:08 +0000
Paul Vixie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Not that it really matters, since ULAs never appear off-site anyway.
>
> depending on what you mean by a site, both in relative and absolute terms
> of space and of time, there might be general agreement on this point, or not.

I think a better way of describing it is "administrative domain". A
home and the devices in it are an administrative domain - the person who
bought or looks after the devices has to administer, or at least take
ownership of the administration of those devices. That ownership could
be as simple as ringing up an external contractor to get problems
sorted out - this is the same sense that I "administer" the pumbing or
electrical system in my home.

An "administrative domain" could correspond to a site (a home), or it
might not at all (a personal area network).

Regards,
Mark.