Dave Thaler writes:
> Is this intentional?  Was there ever an agreement that ND should or
> should not be done on PPP links?

I'm surprised that it's a question at all.  IPV6CP (RFC 2472)
negotiates only interface identifiers, and not addresses, and ND
(2461) says that Neighbor Discovery is supposed to be implemented for
point-to-point links, so I'd expect ND to be used on those links.

Why should the PPP document dictate what IPv6 protocols are needed?

> (If there was, I haven't found it yet, only uncertainty and the fact
> that the IPv6 over PPP RFC has
>
> Interoperability problems and that it should be fixed in
> draft-ietf-ipv6-over-ppp-v2.)

I don't think I agree.  In fact, I don't think the PPP document really
ought to go out of its way to describe how IPv6 works.  That's for the
IPv6 documents to do.