> Came across this thread...
>
> http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg02314.html
>

> However, in looking at draft-ietf-ipv6-over-ppp-v2-03, it seems that
> this issue was never addressed.
>

> Is this intentional?  Was there ever an agreement that ND should or
> should not be done on PPP links?

by "ND" you mean address resolution?  I presume there is no disagreement
that other ND functions (DAD,NUD,Router Discovery, Prefix Discovery,
etc) should be done on PPP links.

> (If there was, I haven't found it yet, only uncertainty and the fact
> that the IPv6 over PPP RFC has
>
> Interoperability problems and that it should be fixed in
> draft-ietf-ipv6-over-ppp-v2.)

I don't see the point of doing address resolution on links without
addresses. 2461 seems quite good at specifying that the LLA options
should only be included for links with addresses. what's the possible
interoperabbility issue?

cheers,
Ole