Hemant Singh (shemant) writes:
> All I am saying is, if IPV6CP is used to negotiate one interface-id,
> when multiple addresses, that Dave pointed out, are needed for the same
> client, why not use IPV6CP to negotiate interface-id's for even these
> addresses?

We'd have to discuss that on the PPP list, but my take on it is that
it'd likely be incompatible with existing implementations.  I don't
know that anyone expects more than one IPV6CP Interface-Identifier
option -- I know for certain that the open source ppp-2.4
implementation wouldn't handle it right.

I think it'd be pretty strange operationally as well.  You'd end up
with multiple link-local addresses.

I don't think I agree with pushing this issue down into PPP.  We don't
do that for Ethernet, so why would PPP be special?