Hi Jason,

> It relates to a more general
> discussion of source routing and feature parity in IPv4 and IPv6.  If you
> are going to deprecate IPv6 source routing, then you should also deprecate
> IPv4 source routing.

For the record, earlier review of the IPv4 source routing RFCs
convinced me at least that we may need to make some changes
in the IPv4 side as well.

I have been holding off to start the work while the IPv6 side
work is still in progress, mainly because its easier to deal
with one issue at a time, and because largely the same
people would be involved. But I do think we need to look at
the IPv4 side as well.

The functions are somewhat different, as is deployment
situation -- so I'm not sure complete "feature parity" will
result. But at least we should look at this with the same
technical analysis as we have done in the RH0 case. What
are the issues? What is the implementation and operational
reality vs. what the RFCs are saying? Do the RFCs (such
as 1812) need updating?

Jari