Definitely on my "own" network. That's what I was alluding to
previously, when I said that not all uses of IPv6 are for ISP networks,
and that therefore the tool kit available should not be aimed
exclusively to ISP-relevant tools.

> If your own, then the security question becomes lighter as a
> special tag
> could be added to packets whereby routers know that these
> packets should
> be allowed to do these tricks, otherwise it won't work as you
> don't own
> those people's routers.

In principle, I agree with you perhaps. In practice, these RH0 nodes are
already out there.

> And is this being really used or only for research/testing? [y/n]

Both. I don't think the discussion should devolve into one of arguing on
the merits of specific implementations of source routing. IMO, it exists
today, there are legitimate uses for it (even if not on the public
Internet), so now the only discussion should be how best to keep it from
doing harm in newtworks where it can do harm. No different from other
examples I gave, such as directed broadcast and TELNET, neither of which
has been deprecated.

Bert