I completely agree. And, if the NIST Profile were directed at commodity
router vendors, e.g. for enterprise networks of Govt agencies, there
would be some logic in that. However, all IPv6 networks owned and
operated by the Government are not that sort of network. This is similar
to Alain Durand's point about cable modems, where you want the smallest
possible memory footprint when supplying the needed services.

Bert