On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 8:29 PM, Hemant Singh (shemant)
<shem...@cisco.com> wrote:
> Shane,

shane, level3 has a default route in their core? since when?

Hemant, shane's point is that there is no default route in his
network, there are no default routes in lots of networks. having one
suddenly appear is a super extra bad thing, trust me, i've done it...
people get very angry when a few million packets per second arrive all
of a sudden...

Also, in the scenario, what makes routerA the 'default' ? what makes
routerB? who decides? how is that decision made? is it deterministic?
across all vendors and across all implementations inside a single
vendor? (I'm looking at you XR|IOS]CatOS|wifi-crap-os... and to be
fair: JunOS|E)

to echo 3 other people... this is a very  bad plan. If you put a /127
on a ptp link all it ever is is 2 addresses that are part of a very
small (2 host-addr) subnet. it doesn't need nor want anything like RA
or ND on it.

-chris