-----Original Message-----
From: sth...@nethelp.no [mailto:sth...@nethelp.no]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:47 AM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant)
Cc: otr...@employees.org; dtha...@wollive.windowsmedia.com.akadns.net;
ipv6@ietf.org
Subject: Re: 6man discussion on /127 document @ IETF78

>If I have two SONET/SDH interfaces connected I configure the address
>and /127 netmask at each end. No default gateway (or for that matter
>address resolution) involved.

That's not the point.  With such a /127 setup between two directly
connected routers, one does not want any router to invoke anycast
forwarding functionality because /127 is provisioned.   To prevent any
anycast processing on a router, the ND off-link model is proposed by
Dave Thaler and I.  The ND off-link model needs a default router and
that is where the manual configuration of the default gateway comes in.

Hemant