Hemant,

On Aug 24, 2010, at 12:21 MDT, Hemant Singh (shemant) wrote:
> Steinar,

We don't statically configure, (nor would we even consider doing so), default
routes or want "hidden" default routes in our Core routers.  If those default
routes are installed into the FIB of the routers, (intentionally or
accidentally during "implementation" of your proposal), it would have
substantial negative repercussions on our operations, namely traffic forwarding
loops (whee!) in our network that would likely cause congestion, etc.
Furthermore, there are way too many 'hidden' configurations/nuances inside
every router vendor's implementation that I don't want to keep track of another
one ...

Please, as an operator, I really just want IPv6 /127's to be as KISS as /31's
are in IPv4.

-shane