> >+1. and I would also expect address resolution to work on this link.
> >(I don't quite understand how the off-link model would apply in this
> case. on a router to router link, neither end would do router discovery
> and there wouldn't be any default router to send a packet to.)
>
> One manually configures a /127 and default gateway on each of the two
> directly connected routers.

If I have two SONET/SDH interfaces connected I configure the address
and /127 netmask at each end. No default gateway (or for that matter
address resolution) involved.

> Also, I know SPs are not crazy about using the ND RA in
> such a backbone link, but another way is to have each router send an RA
> to the other router where RA is advertised with no PIO - the IPv6 /127
> address is still provisioned manually, but now the default router is
> learnt from the RA.

Why on earth would you want to do this? My backbone router links have
nothing to do with RA, and aren't supposed to. They run protocols like
IS-IS and BGP to learn the necessary routing information.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sth...@nethelp.no