The question of whether DHCP should be used to supplement SLAAC< when SLAAC is used for address assignment, woudl seem to be a separate question. In, for example, the SAVI work, we have been told repeatedly by folks deploying IPv6 that they have to be able to use SLAAC for address assignment. I have not tried to survey the equipment. Rather, I am trying to provide the various operators with solutions that meet their reported needs.

To respond here to one of Doug's comments, if 5% of the hsots can not use DHCP, then for most operators that would make DHCP address assignment a non-starter. Having 5% of your customers fail, and probably consume large amounts of support time figuring out why they failed, is simply not workable.

Yours,
Joel