On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Christopher Morrow
<christopher.mor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson <swm...@swm.pp.se> wrote:
>> On Thu, 9 Sep 2010, Mark Smith wrote:
>>
>>> So why aren't operators involving themselves more?
>>
>> I don't know. I've been involving myself in IETF the past year or so, but
>> it's not something I can spend huge amounts of time on.
>
> because, like most operations folks, you have an actual job keeping
> actual users working on the actual network...

so... more coffee and a lunch later... I did forget to say that as
near as I can tell, or from my prospective, the drum of 'why arent
more ops folks at ietf' has gotten better over the last while (3-4
years which is as long as I've been able to pay attention so far).

The drum of 'but we never get what we want out of the ietf!!' from ops
folks also has gotten better.

My note prompted at least (so far) one private note that reminded me
that yelling sometimes doesnt' get what I want :( In general the
process/outcome from IETF (for v6 things) has gotten better not worse,
some bumps still to iron out though (which is expected).

-chris