On Thu, 9 Sep 2010, Fernando Gont wrote:

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

Last I checked, the standards said that if precedence/dscp changed, the
host should reset the session (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really
have time to check it right now).

You're right. And it doesn't make sense. See Section 11.1.4 of
http://www.gont.com.ar/papers/tn-03-09-security-assessment-TCP.pdf

Yes, it doesn't make sense, and luckily nobody (as far as I've been able to discern) actually follows this part. So even though it might still be in the standard, it's not a real-world problem.

So whatever happens, please make the flow label something that can be changed without any adverse reaction from the end system.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se