On Jun 4, 2011, at 9:53 AM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

> I think we'd like to respond to them that that's great,
> and we'll be interested in their results, but can they
> *please* come back to us before saying something should
> be changed so's we can talk about it.

That seems like a reasonable proposal.

There a, of course, several proposed sets of security guidelines for IPv6
floating in the breeze. If you want my druthers, I would like to see a
comprehensive security *architecture*. Steve Kent wrote to me last month, on
another topic, saying

> I do have a few comments about the discuss of secruity, in general. I see
> that you used the CIA model for describing security requirements/services.
> Although this is a commonly used model, I find it inferior to the model that
> was developed by ISO in the mid 80's (ISO 7498-2).

It might be worthwhile to look at the ISO model he suggests as a possible
starting point.

To my mind, anything resembling a security architecture will identify threats
at the physical, link, network (LAN and IP), transport, and applications
layers, and make recommendations for addressing them - and not start from the
premise of a global federated identity, which doesn't exist.