On Jul 15, 2011, at 10:35 AM, Philip Homburg wrote:

> I could be wrong, but the impression I got from the various ops lists is that
> the way you deal with this attack is to avoid using RFC-4862 and/or RFC-4861.

I can imagine using DHCPv6 instead of SLAAC (RFC 4862 and the RS/RA component
of RFC 4861). The counterpart to ARP is the NS/NA component of RFC 4861; I
think you might find that helpful to keep.

That said, I do think you may find SLAAC more scalable than DHCPv6 address
allocation. At least that's why it was developed.