In your letter dated Sun, 17 Jul 2011 11:32:37 +0930 you wrote:
>The quite novel technique of allocation transient addresses to
>applications/processes to assist with firewalling also takes advantage
>of IPv6's large address space and that hosts can have multiple
>addresses at once. It'd be a shame to loose the opportunity to do that
>or similar innovative things with the large IPv6 address space -

A more scalable approach is to simply route a /96 to the host. There paper
already suggests that:

"If necessary in a given environment, this could be faked by hav-
"ing a host pretend to be a stub router; however, this would require
"the host to participate in routing protocols, which is generally
"considered to be a bad idea. A better solution would be to extend
"NDP to handle host address prefix lengths.

I guess the authors didn't know about DHCPv6 prefix delegation.

I think the same applies to hosts with lots of VMs: maintaining a potentially
large number of NC entries for a single MAC address is unlikely to scale.
This is what routing is designed for.