Hi Tom,

On 28.09.2011 14:44, t.petch wrote:
> There was a recent post on OPSAWG from the IEEE RAC about their need
> to ensure that they do not run out of OUI; it was Cloud Computing that
> triggered their concern, but this might as well.

Thanks for the hint. I see the point. The problem is caused by the many
virtual entities that are used nowadays in these data center / cloud
computing scenarios. So effectively the number of devices per OUI runs
out quickly requiring to allocate another OUI, leading to the problem.
However, virtual entities would be covered in the IID part of the ULA,
and my intended use case for OUIs is different.

Regards,
 Roland