----- Original Message -----
> From: Hosnieh Rafiee <i...@rozanak.com>
        method for Generating Stable Privacy-Enhanced Addresses with
        IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC)) to Proposed Standard

> Dear Brian,
>

>> You keep saying that, but it's a *host* IID and therefore primarily a
> host issue. In some cases, hosts are subject to a local policy, but in other
> cases they are completely autonomous. It's reasonable to >have several
> optional standards for how hosts autonomously create their IID.
>
> I agree with what you said  that there are several options for generating
> IID. I
> have no problem with that.
>
>> As has been accepted by Fernando, this draft only solves some aspects of
> IID-based privacy. So what?
>
> What I keep saying is this rfc draft does not have any effect on privacy and
> everything related to the router prefix.

So privacy and security are relative, not absolute. I think this provides
better privacy compared to the use of MAC addresses for IIDs, but doesn't
provide as much privacy as RFC4941 addresses. If the level of privacy these
stable privacy addresses provides is not adequate, then you don't use them. You
either use RFC4941s, or you choose not to communicate at all.

Can you define the "privacy" you don't think it has any effect on?