> At our site we do just this; an SNMP-based tool harvests IP/MAC/port data
from
> the switches,routers etc.  I agree that it works very well.
>
> That said, I expect quite a few (enterprise) sites will try to disable
4941. Or if
> they use ULAs as well, to disable for ULAs for internal traffic. That's
their
> choice.
>
> The question is just what additional privacy you're delivering. In
principle, 4941
> addresses could be put in the DNS, or could be passed to peers to use for
> communications. Conceptually, it may be simpler to have just two classes
of
> address; stable privacy addresses (as per Fernando's text) and "temporary"
> privacy addresses which change over time (RFC 4941), whether the addresses
> are used to initiate or receive connections.

This is not something different from RFC 4941 or new, but just an update to
clarify the choice of  words used in the RFC that deals with the handling of
the lifetime. Some implementations did not make a good option choice which
then allowed for a correlation to be made between their generated IIDs. It
will not change the main nature of RFC 4941. Thus, if an enterprise wants to
use it, then they can do so. You can also use the privacy addresses in DNS,
but in this case I think it would be better to   generate the privacy
addresses using CGA or SSAS (new version).
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg17760.html
You can then use CGA-TSIG for dynamic DNS updates and solve both the problem
for privacy and DNS update.

> In the meantime, it would be helpful if your draft listed the existing
privacy
> concerns you have, and the key benefits of your proposed mechanism(s) as
> easy-to-parse bullet points in your text.  You can take out some of the
more
> general comments about privacy, e.g. the first paragraph of the
introduction.
> Make the abstract more snappy, move the points in there to bullet-point
> concerns in the main body, and make your proposed solution clearer.  I
think
> that would help other readers as well.  Just a suggestion at least.

Thanks , I will do it in the next version.

Thanks again,
Regards,
Hosnieh