> I work primarily with customers who implement networks inside their own
> borders. Ray is 100% correct that stable addressing for end users is a
very high
> priority for things like access control, accountability, reporting, SOX,
etc.
> Whether or not it should  be so is an entirely different question. For the
middle
> of the bell-shaped curve, it IS so.

As I explained in my answer to Ray in my last message, if monitoring and
other things are your first priority, then you can use another approach
rather than that of RFC 4941. But  you cannot say that this RFC will not be
used in future because we think that our customers won't want to spend any
more pennies on their current systems. It is again their choice. There are
also customers who would prefer to use that RFC rather than another
approach.
What I am trying to do in my draft is give customers, who want to use this
RFC 4941, have a better choice of implementation options than they do now
(it might be used along with any other approach that is not based on the use
of a MAC address)
About privacy. The laws of many countries are not concerned with privacy
which is actually the opposite of what is true in other countries. An
example can be found in the EU  where there are two DPDs, one promulgated in
1995 and the other in 2012. Both were concerned with privacy, but after the
first one was not interpreted correctly by all countries the second one was
promulgated.  Your country might be among those countries where privacy
makes little sense to them. Some countries talk about privacy, but in action
and reality, there is no privacy for users.

Regards,
Hosnieh