On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Niall O'Reilly <niall.orei...@ucd.ie> wrote:

> On 6 Jun 2013, at 04:26, Lorenzo Colitti wrote:
>
> >  indeed, the letter of the policy above suggests that a /48 is
> acceptable only in the case of "extra large end sites"
>
>         How do you read that into the extract you cited, Lorenzo?

Sorry - my statement should have said 'the letter of the policy above
suggests that *more than* a /48 is acceptable only in the case of "extra
large end sites"'. The argument is the same:

- Assigning more than a /48 to an end site is only acceptable in the case
of extra large end sites, and/or with substantial paperwork.
- Giving a user the use of a full /48 of space *and* using semantic bits
requires routing more than a /48 to the per user.
- Thus, if ISPs wants to use semantic bits, they will have to give users
less than the use of a full /48 of space.

Is that clearer now?