Why not?

Actually, I was about to make that suggestion myself. We can stop this infinite
thread by simply saying, do whatever semantic tricks you want with the address
blocks allocated to you, but know that you won't get any more just so you can
play those semantic tricks.

What's wrong with that as a policy?

It's bad enough that the 128-bit address space has already be wasted to where
it's barely a 64-bit space. Now we're potentially being even more aggressively
wasteful, but chucking away a good portion of the 48 or 56-bit prefixes.

Bert