From: "Vincent Massol" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I'm reposting this as it may have been drowned in the "[PROPOSAL] build
structure jakarta-commons" thread .... :)

Amazing, eh?

Pardon the formatting of this - I am replying from the mail-archive.com
archive.

> > From: "Vincent Massol" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > What remains to do before having a full Apache integrated Cactus is :
> >
> > 1- put it into jakarta-commons (as soon as the vote is accepted :) )

I don't remember the vote count, (+1 from me if I didn't vote, but I think I
did). When 'official', this sounds like something for you to do.  We can
help organize the directory layout, but I think Craig set a nice model with
the beanutils contribution.

> > 2- find a location (URL) for it's web site, finish modifying the web
site
> > (there a few URLs to modify) and adapt it to whatever format is required
> >  for  Commons (it is using stylebook for the moment, which I like a lot
... :) )

I can help with that.  I assume that we will adopt the standard Jakarta site
format to integrate with the rest of jakarta.  We would need to do the main
commons site (someone is already working on that?), which I assume we model
after Taglibs.

<ob Velocity plug>
 Stylebook is fine, although using Anakia from Jakarta Velocity is starting
to be used (Velocity, Cocoon, Turbine, and the Jakarta site itself, for
example) and moving from stylebook to Anakia isn't much of a leap.  We
converted the Velocity site pretty quickly.  I like it because the
templating is very simple with Velocity, regeneration of pages is very fast
(only regens the changed pages, and its faster than stylebook) which helps
when doing repeated edit-render-review steps when doing docs or complicated
things and your source XML docs remain the same.  But there is no
requirement for this.  I will be happy to help convert if you/we want to do
that.  If not, stylebook is cool.
</ob Velocity plug>

> > 3- find a location for storing the Cactus deliverable files (nightly
> > builds  and releases) and link to them in the downloads page.
> > Ask Sam to modify the GUMP J2EEUnit config to Cactus
> > and ask him to drop nightly builds there.

That's easy.  I'll help if you want.

> > 4- get a mailing-list for Cactus. This could be the commons one to begin
> > with but I don't like this much as most of the emails will not contain
> > [Cactus] in the subject for example and it will very wuickly be hard to
> > know  what someone is talking about

I thought we decided at first that we would keep all to the same list,
jakarta-commons.  This will be a self-fixing problem when the number of
projects, and the traffic gets annoying.  But for now it may help
community-wise...

> 5- get a bug report home

That's easy if we use the Jakarta Bugzilla

> 6- get a link on the jakarta home page to the Cactus web site

We would make a link to the Commons site, which would contain Cactus

> 7- put a new in the jakarta news area

Easy.  You can write the release and I will be happy to post.

> 8- announce everywhere that J2EEUnit has been donated to ASF and renamed
> Cactus not to infringe on Sun's J2EE trademark (I'll do that part)
> 9- get a jyve FAQ and transfer FAQ from SourceForge forum to that FAQ.
>
> Anyone could help with organization and getting the needed resources ?

Assuming that no one minds, and nothing blows up in Velocity-land, I can
start framing it out tonight.  If someone is already working, I'm happy to
help push this along.

geir