<snip>

> >  We either bite
> > the bullet on Log4J itself or use the abstraction
> > layer in our classes, which delegates to Log4J or
> > whatever.
>
> I say a (non voting) -1 to an abstraction layer
> because it is unnecessary in
> this day and time.
>
> > If we can get buy in on Log4J, I'm in.
>
> That is like saying:
>
>     "If we can get buy in that the default servlet
> engine is Tomcat".
>
> :-)
>
> -jon

Yes, if we can get consensus on Log4J itself as the
abstraction layer, then to the rubbish tip with the
Logging component.  As long as I can include
reasonable debug information in my code and turn the
logging levels on or off externally, I don't care too
much about the specifics.  And really, all other
things being equal, I'd prefer Log4J statements over
the alternatives.

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange